Ofsted is the Office for Standards in Education, Children’s Services and Skills. Ofsted reports directly to Parliament and is independent and impartial. They inspect and regulate services that care for children and young people, and services providing education and skills for learners of all ages.
Following the Ofsted ‘Good’ inspection in February 2019, the school was expecting a section 5 inspection within 12-18 months to see if it had moved into the ‘Outstanding’ category. Due to Covid-19 restrictions this inspection was delayed by two years. On 8 and 9 February 2022 a two day inspection took place. By this time a new ‘Common Inspection Framework’ was in place. This meant the latest inspection was against entirely different criteria to the 2019 inspection.
We are pleased to announce that the school was found to be ‘Good’ in all categories and only one area was identified for improvement.
Some of the key findings from the Ofsted report highlighting our school’s success include:
- “Pupils are polite and courteous.”
- “Relationships between pupils and staff are positive and respectful.”
- “The curriculum reflects leaders’ high aspirations for all pupils, including those with SEND. The curriculum is challenging.”
- “Teaching provides opportunities for pupils to revisit knowledge so that they know and remember more over time.”
- “Leaders promote a love of reading across the school. Pupils at the early stages of reading are systematically taught the phonics skills they need to become fluent readers.”
- “Leaders promote pupils’ personal development well. Considerable emphasis is placed on developing pupils’ character.”
- “Leaders are aspirational for the most vulnerable pupils. They are tenacious in securing additional, external support. The school’s inclusive approach is a strength.”
- "The designated safeguarding leader is knowledgeable and supported by a well trained team. Leaders take all concerns seriously and act promptly to safeguard pupils."
Please use the links below to view our latest Ofsted report and access the Ofsted parent view website.