Uniform is an important part of the ethos of Woodbrook Vale School.
Students should be tidy in appearance and always wear the correct uniform as outlined in the school dress code. The Woodbrook Vale School uniform is supplied by Orchard Clothing. Items must be purchased online unless your child is eligible for Free School Meals.
This following guide explains how to order your uniform online.
If your child is entitiled to Free School Meals, a Blazer, tie and PE Polo Shirt will be provided on submission of a completed school uniform form. Please request a form by contacting Jenny Hibberd (Student Office) 01509 557560 ext 135.
Please note - School Blazer, School Tie, School PE Polo Shirt, School PE Hoodie, and School Jumper are only available from Orchard Clothing using the "Buy Online" links above. All other items can be purchased online or a shop of your choice as long as they meet the new school uniform requirements.
- Students must remove coats, hats, scarves, gloves immediately in tutor rooms at the beginning of the school day
- Students must not wear coats, hats, scarves, gloves when leaving any classroom to move to their next lesson
- Blazers must be worn appropriately as students move around the building
- Shirts must be white and tucked in at all times
- Skirts should be close to the knee. Suitable styles are available from the school website. No stretch skirts are allowed
- Trousers must be formal. No skinny trousers, Jean style, leggings or tracksuit bottoms are allowed
- Ties should be worn to an acceptable length with the school logo visible. Clip ties are also available to order, if preferred
- Footwear must be plain black with no logo. Sandals or boots are not permissible
- One pair of stud earrings is permissible. Apart from this, for safety and security reasons, jewellery, including bracelets, necklaces, rings and nose, face, tongue or body piercings should not be worn in school. If such jewellery is worn it will be confiscated and students and/or parents/carers will be informed when it can be collected. Tattoos are not permitted
- Make up is not permitted in Years 7 and 8
- Light make-up in Years 9, 10 and 11 is permissible but should not be noticeable
- Nail varnish, including acrylic or gel nails are not appropriate for school and should not be worn
- Hair styles should not be extreme. This includes closely shaved; decoratively shaved or vividly coloured hairstyles
- The school will be sensitive towards students who choose to wear a specific item if it is for a religious reason
Personal Protective Equipment
Gumshields and shin pads are strongly recommended for Football, Rugby and Hockey lessons and extra curricular activites.
- Aprons are provided to protect clothing when students are doing design work.
You will need to bring your own equipment which includes:
- Black Pen / Blue Pen x2
- 30cm Ruler
- Scientific Calculator
- Felt Pens
Lockers are available for you to keep your belongings in during the day. Although there is no charge for your locker, you will need to bring a padlock to keep your belongings safe.
All property and clothing should be clearly marked with your name.